Episode #23: Day Care, Pizza & Marketing
on Thursday, June 15, 2017
Above & Beyond Childcare
In this month's episode of Live from the Hive, we're talking about daycare with Rebecca Collins, owner of Above & Beyond Childcare.
Whether you're self-employed or work in a cubicle, day care is a big issue for a lot of parents and Rebecca is going to give us some insider tips for finding the right daycare provider for your family as well as some news about upcoming rule changes to the State of New Hampshire's licensing for day care providers.
Rebecca's Tips for Finding the Right Day Care:
- Verify center is licensed
- Ask if they've gone to the next step to obtain License Plus rating
- Ask for teacher qualifications, training, or certifications
- Check with the state
- Do an unplanned site visit
- What is the condition of the facility?
- What is the ratio of teachers to children?
- Are the children engaged?
- Are activities age appropriate
- Think about your child's comfort zone
- Does your child prefer smaller groups or do they like a lot of social activities?
- Review the security
- Are all the doors locked?
- Are outdoor play areas enclosed?
- Are classrooms, play areas, and public spaces free from common hazards (cleaning products, tools, etc...)
- Meet with the teachers
- Your daycare provider should be a good fit for both your child and your family
Uno Pizzeria & Grill: Your Catering & Marketing Solution (Yes, I said marketing...)
Also this month, Sarah Coletti, the regional marketing director for Uno Pizzeria & Grill will be sharing the latest news on networking events, summer specials, and how Unos can help you cater your next event while earning some money for your favorite charity.
When it comes to marketing on a budget, you've got to think out of the box. Uno's budget conscious catering and Dough Raiser program can help you help the community, improve your company's visibility, impress clients, and network with potential customers. That's a lot of bang for your buck. Listen to the podcast and hear what Sarah has to say. Trust me when I say it's amazing how far your marketing dollars can go when you partner with Uno Pizzaria.
Monday, June 19th 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM at UNO Pizzeria & Grill, 593 Amherst Street, Nashua, NH 03063 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/603-networking-619-530-730pm-nashua-open-networking-tickets-34635206836
Monday, June 19th 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM UNO Pizzeria & Grill, 120 Laconia Road, Tilton, NH 03276 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/603-networking-619-6-8pm-tilton-open-networking-tickets-34635087479
Misc. Links From the Podcast
Rebecca Collins Above and Beyond Childcare
Manchester address/phone: 47 Depot Road Manchester NH (603)782-5689
Hooksett address/phone: 1461 Hooksett Road Hooksett, NH (603)627-4161
NH Department of Health and Human Services, Child Care Licensing Unit: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/oos/cclu/
Sarah Coletti Uno Pizzeria & Grill
phone: (978) 914-0514