Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

In this month's episode...

In this month's Live from the Hive I am talking about office design and functional workspace with Justin Mikolyski from Creative Office Pavilion and how to promote your business using video with Chris Pastrana from the NH Business Show.

It doesn't matter if you are a one man office working from your apartment or if you have a hundred employees in the Millyard, every office needs the right design and equipment to keep your staff healthy and productive.

• chairs
  • lighting
  • work surfaces

Justin Mikolyski is here to share his insider tips on things to think about when you need to add more desks without moving to new office space. He's also talking about how to keep up with next generation needs in an evolving workplace, and how hiring a professional design team can make the transition to your new office space worry-free.

I'm also catching up with Chris Pastrana from the NH Business Show. He's sharing how testimonial videos can be a very affordable way to create social proof in competitive markets. We're also talking about his new Elevator Pitch coaching product and the new veteran's business networking group.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

In this month's Live from the Hive I am talking about office design and functional workspace with Justin Mikolyski from Creative Office Pavilion and how to promote your business using video with Chris Pastrana from the NH Business Show.

It doesn't matter if you are a one man office working from your apartment or if you have a hundred employees in the Millyard, every office needs the right design and equipment to keep your staff healthy and productive.

• chairs
  • lighting
  • work surfaces

Justin Mikolyski is here to share his insider tips on things to think about when you need to add more desks without moving to new office space. He's also talking about how to keep up with next generation needs in an evolving workplace, and how hiring a professional design team can make the transition to your new office space worry-free.

I'm also catching up with Chris Pastrana from the NH Business Show. He's sharing how testimonial videos can be a very affordable way to create social proof in competitive markets. We're also talking about his new Elevator Pitch coaching product and the new veteran's business networking group.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

• chairs
  • lighting
  • work surfaces

Read full post »
#

By Chris Pastrana

By Chris Pastrana, NH Business Show November 11, 2016

Cameron Ford decided that he wanted to help veterans out. To do that he Started Iron Heart Gateways to Success, a non-profit designed to help vets who need employment.

Check out more from Iron Hearts @ www.facebook.com/IronHeartGateways

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

A warrior's compassion

Leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and critical thinking are the words people use to describe the skills veterans bring when they return to the civilian world, but they're just part of the equation. When you add things like empathy, compassion, and vision you end up with people like Bonnie Roberts, who has combined all of these skills to tackle the very real problem of how to find quality in-home care.

Aging in place is a goal that many seniors share. Residential care is often cost prohibitive and remaining in a home they've most likely already paid for allows people enjoy their golden years surrounded by the memories and routines that give their days a familiar structure.

Unfortunately, it's not always a goal that can be achieved on their own.

We all want to be there for our parents as they get older, but sometimes they require more care and attention than we can give on our own.

Home Helpers of Londonderry provides a variety of in-home care services throughout southern New Hampshire to meet almost every in-home care need.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

A warrior's compassion

Leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and critical thinking are the words people use to describe the skills veterans bring when they return to the civilian world, but they're just part of the equation. When you add things like empathy, compassion, and vision you end up with people like Bonnie Roberts, who has combined all of these skills to tackle the very real problem of how to find quality in-home care.

Aging in place is a goal that many seniors share. Residential care is often cost prohibitive and remaining in a home they've most likely already paid for allows people enjoy their golden years surrounded by the memories and routines that give their days a familiar structure.

Unfortunately, it's not always a goal that can be achieved on their own.

We all want to be there for our parents as they get older, but sometimes they require more care and attention than we can give on our own.

Home Helpers of Londonderry provides a variety of in-home care services throughout southern New Hampshire to meet almost every in-home care need.

Read full post »

By Chris Pastrana

Day 4 of Veterans Week is taking off with Joe Lopez from Arrow Security & Training LLC. As the largest of the companies I've interviewed for this promotion, what Joe does to support the active duty community of the armed services is invaluable. Quality training prepares the troops for combat, and without that training they spend the first few months of deployment getting used to things they should already know.

Get more from Arrow Security & Training @ http://arrowsecuritytraining.com/

www.facebook.com/Arrow-Security-Training-LLC-36531...

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

It's no longer a matter of if...

Norm Gentry is what I would describe as a calm man who faces challenges with a smile and an enviable amount of patience, so when he came to last month's Coffee Buzz and said "I need you to to get the message out," I took him seriously.

Gentry is an IT guy whose company, SBTI Technologies, provides computer repair/maintenance, system backup, network and resource management, virus recovery and just about every tech service a small business owner needs. He's been in the business since Windows was new and he's tackled pretty much every tech problem a business owner is likely to encounter and lately he's been seeing more and more people coming to him with ransomware problems.

Read full post »

By Chris Pastrana

By Chris Pastrana, NH Business Show November 09, 2016

Day 3 here we come! Beck is one of those people you don't forget. From the moment I walked into her studio I knew she would be great for Veterans week, and she didn't disappoint! It's hard to find women veteran business owners

To get more from Becky check her out at http://www.warriorsoulhealingmovement...

www.facebook.com/warriorsoulhealingmovement

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Peace of mind, one flue at a time...

Chimneys are one of the most magical components of your home. They invoke a feeling of warmth and homecoming when you pull into the driveway, they're an integral part of spending a romantic evening in front of a roaring fire, and they are Santa's favorite way to deliver gifts.

Chimneys are also an essential and often neglected part of your home's heating system and are the second leading cause of house fires.[1]

So when was the last time you thought about your chimney?

Was it when you got the home inspector's report two days before closing?

Did you give it a passing thought the last time you went to light a fire in the fireplace?

Did you know you should get your chimney inspected every year?

Read full post »