Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

No Meeting in July!

In case you weren't at last month's Coffee Buzz and haven't had time to look at the calendar, July's Coffee Buzz lands on July 3rd which puts it smack dab in the middle of the 4-day holiday weekend. Needless to say, that isn't going to work for anyone.

In fact, Bob Bean from Minuteman Press in Londonderry pointed out that September's Coffee Buzz falls on a holiday as well so we decided to skip July and move the regular Coffee Buzz meetup to the 2nd Monday of the month starting in August.

To put it in a nutshell, NO MEETING IN JULY and the next Coffee Buzz is 9:00 AM Monday, August 14th.

Join us on our new date and time, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Monday, August 14th at Aroma Joe's Coffee 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester.

If you haven't heard about Coffee Buzz Networking we're a group of local small business people and freelancers who meet once a month to network, share referrals and connect.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Jump-Start the Second Half!

Hey people, June is right around the corner and you know what that means, we're almost in a new month and the end of the quarter.

Why not get a jump-start on the second half of 2017 with a jolt of java and networking with Coffee Buzz Networking?

Join us on our new date and time, Monday, June 5th from 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM at Aroma Joe's Coffee 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester.

Whether you dread networking or love it, Coffee Buzz Networking is a great way to connect.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

It's National Small Business Week!

I'm not sure if this falls under the category of sad or scary, but next week is National Small Business Week and I only found two business events that don't normally show up on the weekly or monthly schedule, and they're both on Tuesday. So I thought I'd share an event for next month that will be featuring a small, local startup that made it big.

And when I say big, I mean really big. As in the biggest player in global internet performance strategies.

I'm talking about Dyn.

Dyn is the stuff of legends.

It's a classic dorm room to the boardroom tale that started with a school project and ended with a $600 million acquisition.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

I'm not sure if this falls under the category of sad or scary, but next week is National Small Business Week and I only found two business events that don't normally show up on the weekly or monthly schedule, and they're both on Tuesday. So I thought I'd share an event for next month that will be featuring a small, local startup that made it big.

And when I say big, I mean really big. As in the biggest player in global internet performance strategies.

I'm talking about Dyn.

It's a classic dorm room to the boardroom tale that started with a school project and ended with a $600 million acquisition.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

I'm talking about Dyn.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

I'm talking about Dyn.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

We're Moving to Monday!

Sorry for the short notice, but Coffee Buzz Networking is moving to 9:00 AM the first Monday of the month.

And yes, that means we'll be meeting next Monday, May 1st.

There are a lot of reasons for the move, but the big one is because you asked.

A lot has changed since I started the monthly Coffee Buzz Networking group. In addition to a lot more (conflicting) activities on the events calendar, my own schedule has changed making a Tuesday morning meetup logistically challenging, so we're moving to the first Monday of the month at 9:00 AM.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Look who's at the top of the page on Eventbrite!

It's a new month and a new quarter and that means that Queen City Buzz has two events next week.

Our NH Business Partner Finders group has its second meeting 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM on Monday, April 3rd at Aroma Joe's, 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester.

The NH Business Partner Finder Group is a quarterly networking group created for the express purpose of connecting local entrepreneurs and freelancers with other entrepreneurs and freelancers interested in collaborating on projects and/or becoming working business partners. If you're looking for a project or a partner, why not stop by. RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nh-business-partner-finder-group-how-to-find-your-dream-team-tickets-33077941012?utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_event_email&utm_term=viewmyevent_button

Then on Tuesday, we have the monthly Coffee Buzz Networking from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM at Aroma Joe's Coffee, 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester. This is a casual, open networking group to network, share referrals & connect with other local freelancers and small business owners. For more information please visit http://queencity.buzz/articles/new-quarter-new-opportunity-succeed

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

You're Only as Strong as Your Network

At some point in your life, you probably heard that your reputation is a reflection of the company you keep. This is just as true as an adult as it was a teenager. People want to do business with people they know, and if they don't know you they're going to look at the people around you. Make sure your network is filled with people whose reputation mirrors your own values.

It doesn't matter if you're self-employed, just out of school, or work in a cubicle, the one truth that transcends your personal and professional world is that you are only as strong as your network, and when you build strong network on a foundation of meaningful relationships, you set yourself up for success.

Always remember that the value you provide your network partners is more important than what they give you.

• be selfless → give more than you get
  • be the guy that's there in a pinch
  • give an attaboy for a job well done
  • celebrate and share other people's victories

Networking is about creating relationships and relationships are built one conversation at a time.

Join us Tuesday, April 4th from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM at Aroma Joe's Coffee in Manchester.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Women of Strength Photo Project

Before we move on to this week's picks, I want to give a quick shout out to Scot Langdon and Lisa J. Jackson and their Women of Strength Project.

Anyone in the 603 Networking group on LinkedIn probably knows Scot and Lisa, but if you're not one of the 6,000 + members of 603 Networking, Scot Langdon is a local photographer and Lisa J. Jackson is a writer and they are collaborating on the Women of Strength Project "to highlight women, tell their stories, and create discussions from the photographic images and text, which aims to inspire women of all ages to become leaders in their own lives."

In spite of education and technology, many women feel more disenfranchised than their grandmothers were. Sadly, we live in a world where responsibility to family and partners often seems to limit opportunity and many women struggle to break through the barriers that hold them back.

Read full post »