Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

No Coffee Buzz in December! You heard that right. I am taking a break from Coffee Buzz Networking.

It's the time of year when I step back and review this year's goals, what worked, what didn't, and what I can do to make next year better. Part of that review is taking an honest look at my allocation of resources.

I could give a breakdown of the why's, but the simple fact is there are only so many hours in the day and right now I don't have time for Coffee Buzz.

My job as the editor of Queen City Buzz is to connect you with the people, information, and resources you need to start and grow your business in New Hampshire. Three years ago that meant putting together a networking group. Today that's not enough.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Join us for Coffee Buzz Networking on our new date and time, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Monday, November 13th at Aroma Joe's Coffee 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester.

What Worked & What Didn't

It's November again, and you know what that means, it's time to start thinking about next year.

Let's start with the elephant in the room.

• Did you reach your goals this year?
  • Are you finishing the year with the same goals you started the year?
  • What changed & why?

There are a lot of reasons we fail to achieve our goals that have nothing to do with intent or effort.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Join us for Coffee Buzz Networking on our new date and time, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Monday, October 9th at Aroma Joe's Coffee 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester.

Networking = New Opportunities

Do you still think that networking is about making sales?

Let me ask you this when was the last time someone called to say they had a referral for you?

When was the last time someone asked you to collaborate on a project or shared a money making idea?

If you asked me those questions my answer would be last Friday.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek: Inspiring Women in Business

We are less than a month away from Women Inspiring Women's annual Inspiring Women in Business conference.

This year's Inspiring Women Business event will be held on Monday, October 2nd at the Grappone Conference Center, 70 Constitution Avenue, Concord, NH and will include some very familiar speakers.

• Peter Jude Ricciardi
  • Charlene DeCesare
  • Melissa Albano-Davis
  • Michael Katz
  • Sherry Dutra
  • Leslie Sturgeon

This event provides the platform for New Hampshire business women to connect with local experts, participate in brainstorming, and develop a support network that many women struggle to find in the business world.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Business Isn't Always Fair...

Have you ever met a competitor and wondered how the heck someone like that is succeeding while you struggle?

You know the guy I mean. He's not as smart as you. He doesn't have the same skills or training, and he definitely doesn't have your passion.

How does he find so many clients? He knows how to leverage his network.

• You don't have to be the best when you are the first person referred.
  • You don't have to be the most skilled when someone says they know you.
  • And you don't have to be the most passionate when someone just needs the job done now.

As long as you have the minimum skills to do your job, all you need to succeed are the right connections.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

No Meeting in July!

In case you weren't at last month's Coffee Buzz and haven't had time to look at the calendar, July's Coffee Buzz lands on July 3rd which puts it smack dab in the middle of the 4-day holiday weekend. Needless to say, that isn't going to work for anyone.

In fact, Bob Bean from Minuteman Press in Londonderry pointed out that September's Coffee Buzz falls on a holiday as well so we decided to skip July and move the regular Coffee Buzz meetup to the 2nd Monday of the month starting in August.

To put it in a nutshell, NO MEETING IN JULY and the next Coffee Buzz is 9:00 AM Monday, August 14th.

Join us on our new date and time, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Monday, August 14th at Aroma Joe's Coffee 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester.

If you haven't heard about Coffee Buzz Networking we're a group of local small business people and freelancers who meet once a month to network, share referrals and connect.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Jump-Start the Second Half!

Hey people, June is right around the corner and you know what that means, we're almost in a new month and the end of the quarter.

Why not get a jump-start on the second half of 2017 with a jolt of java and networking with Coffee Buzz Networking?

Join us on our new date and time, Monday, June 5th from 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM at Aroma Joe's Coffee 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester.

Whether you dread networking or love it, Coffee Buzz Networking is a great way to connect.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

It's National Small Business Week!

I'm not sure if this falls under the category of sad or scary, but next week is National Small Business Week and I only found two business events that don't normally show up on the weekly or monthly schedule, and they're both on Tuesday. So I thought I'd share an event for next month that will be featuring a small, local startup that made it big.

And when I say big, I mean really big. As in the biggest player in global internet performance strategies.

I'm talking about Dyn.

Dyn is the stuff of legends.

It's a classic dorm room to the boardroom tale that started with a school project and ended with a $600 million acquisition.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

I'm not sure if this falls under the category of sad or scary, but next week is National Small Business Week and I only found two business events that don't normally show up on the weekly or monthly schedule, and they're both on Tuesday. So I thought I'd share an event for next month that will be featuring a small, local startup that made it big.

And when I say big, I mean really big. As in the biggest player in global internet performance strategies.

I'm talking about Dyn.

It's a classic dorm room to the boardroom tale that started with a school project and ended with a $600 million acquisition.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

I'm talking about Dyn.

Read full post »