Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Look who's at the top of the page on Eventbrite!

It's a new month and a new quarter and that means that Queen City Buzz has two events next week.

Our NH Business Partner Finders group has its second meeting 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM on Monday, April 3rd at Aroma Joe's, 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester.

The NH Business Partner Finder Group is a quarterly networking group created for the express purpose of connecting local entrepreneurs and freelancers with other entrepreneurs and freelancers interested in collaborating on projects and/or becoming working business partners. If you're looking for a project or a partner, why not stop by. RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nh-business-partner-finder-group-how-to-find-your-dream-team-tickets-33077941012?utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_event_email&utm_term=viewmyevent_button

Then on Tuesday, we have the monthly Coffee Buzz Networking from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM at Aroma Joe's Coffee, 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester. This is a casual, open networking group to network, share referrals & connect with other local freelancers and small business owners. For more information please visit http://queencity.buzz/articles/new-quarter-new-opportunity-succeed

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

It's Clydesdale Camera Day!

Next Saturday, April 1st is Clydesdale Camera Day at the Anheuser-Busch plant in Merrimack. (http://www.newhampshire.com/section/newhampshire04#/event/6086781-clydesdale-camera-day?location=03301-concord§ions=all&date=today)

I know what you're thinking. The events calendar is already full of business activities, why is she wasting space with pretty horses?

The short version is that I was doing my weekly rounds of the local events calendars the other day and when I came across Camera Day with the Clydesdales I thought this was genius. You could even say that it's elite brand management.

I mean what is more iconic than a Clydesdale?

Budweiser makes beer which is, of course, a product designed for adults. But their brand transcends the adult only demographic. It has a rich history and the images they present to the public are cuddly and family friendly. (Anyone remember the Budweiser frogs?)

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Next Saturday, April 1st is Clydesdale Camera Day at the Anheuser-Busch plant in Merrimack. (http://www.newhampshire.com/section/newhampshire04#/event/6086781-clydesdale-camera-day?location=03301-concord§ions=all&date=today)

I know what you're thinking. The events calendar is already full of business activities, why is she wasting space with pretty horses?

The short version is that I was doing my weekly rounds of the local events calendars the other day and when I came across Camera Day with the Clydesdales I thought this was genius. You could even say that it's elite brand management.

Budweiser makes beer which is, of course, a product designed for adults. But their brand transcends the adult only demographic. It has a rich history and the images they present to the public are cuddly and family friendly. (Anyone remember the Budweiser frogs?)

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

It's Time to Get Serious

Have you ever tried to find a business partner? Someone who shared your vision, had a similar work ethic, and the skills you needed to take your great idea from the back of a cocktail napkin to fruition?

I'll give you a hint, it's harder to find a business partner than it is to find a New Year's Eve date.

You might even say it's virtually impossible.

Networking events are a meat market. The people who aren't trying to get you to join their network marketing/MLM scheme are either selling insurance or looking for a job. Even if you luck into a carefully curated B2B event, there is almost no chance to find other business people looking for a partner or new business opportunity. Which is why I started the NH Business Partner Finder Group.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

It's Time to Get Serious

Have you ever tried to find a business partner? Someone who shared your vision, had a similar work ethic, and the skills you needed to take your great idea from the back of a cocktail napkin to fruition?

I'll give you a hint, it's harder to find a business partner than it is to find a New Year's Eve date.

You might even say it's virtually impossible.

Networking events are a meat market. The people who aren't trying to get you to join their network marketing/MLM scheme are either selling insurance or looking for a job. Even if you luck into a carefully curated B2B event, there is almost no chance to find other business people looking for a partner or new business opportunity. Which is why I started the NH Business Partner Finder Group.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Networking with the Networkers

I had a conversation with Kevin Willett the other day and as you would expect, the main topic was networking.

For anyone who doesn't know Kevin, he is the man behind Friends of Kevin, New England B2B Networking, and the Friends of Kevin Radio Show. He's also the author of "One Connection: How You Can Grow Your Business (and Change the World) One Connection at a Time. "

In case it isn't obvious, Kevin knows networking. He understands what makes people nervous, how to overcome obstructions, and how to meet the right people.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate

As we wrap up the first week of the new year all I can say is wow. Every day this week has been a networking adventure and it's only week 1.

I started the week with the new NH Business Partner Finders group on Monday, Coffee Buzz on Tuesday, Millyard Networking and the Spanish Conversation group on Wednesday and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

I met so many new people this week that I'm in overwhelm. My phone is ringing off the hook. People are texting, emailing, and connecting all over the place and I am bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate

As we wrap up the first week of the new year all I can say is wow. Every day this week has been a networking adventure and it's only week 1.

I started the week with the new NH Business Partner Finders group on Monday, Coffee Buzz on Tuesday, Millyard Networking and the Spanish Conversation group on Wednesday and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

I met so many new people this week that I'm in overwhelm. My phone is ringing off the hook. People are texting, emailing, and connecting all over the place and I am bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate.

Read full post »