Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Are Facebook Ads Really the Right Choice for Your Limited Marketing Dollars?

If you are like a lot of small business owners, you don't have the time or money to waste on advertising campaigns that don't work. 

As promised, Brad Solomon from Solomon Strategic Business Development is back this month to talk about how to use Facebook ads to connect with the people who want and need your services.  

He's going to be sharing his insider tips on how to:

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

September is all about sales and in this month's episode of Live from the Hive I'm talking to interior decorator Piper Turgeon from Eco Chic Interiors about how to get the best price for your home with a little help from a professional home stager.

Hint: Think de-clutter and clean, then clean again.

Keeping with the sales vibe, I'm also talking to sales expert Brad Solomon from Solomon Strategic Business Development.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

A Little Help for Your Tech and Style Woes

When you work in the corporate world you have an IT department to handle all those tech challenges - computers, software, and data security. It all seems so easy when the guy from IT shows up, plugs in a few cables, taps a few keystrokes and says "Okay, you're all set." But when you're on your own one of the first things you notice is that all that tech is a little more complicated than it looks. Especially nowadays when everything we do is on a computer or in the cloud.

In this month's episode of Live from the Hive, IT tech Joe Tauras from Team Logic IT will be on hand to talk about software, hardware, and those pesky ransomware viruses. We're also going to be sharing a major announcement about a new podcast.

I'm also going to be joined by featured guest Sharon Jensen from Embrace Your Wardrobe.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Two Local Business Owners Find Success as Problem Solvers

In this month's episode of Live from the Hive I am talking with Manchester business owner and Ward 6 aldermanic candidate Ryan Van Orden.

As the owner of Uni-Star Cleaning Service, Van Orden has overcome a lot of obstacles to start and grow his business and will be sharing some of his insights and experiences as a parent and small business owner in the Queen City.

Also this month, Candy Osborne, owner of Snowbird Creatives, is giving insider tips and tricks for taking control of your business content so that you reach your target audience and make the sale.

• Identify your audience
  • Know your end goal
  • Create a plan
  • Reuse existing content
  • Build relationships
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Above & Beyond Childcare

In this month's episode of Live from the Hive, we're talking about daycare with Rebecca Collins, owner of Above and Beyond Childcare.

Whether you're self-employed or work in a cubicle, day care is a big issue for a lot of parents and Rebecca is going to give us some insider tips for finding the right daycare provider for your family as well as some news about upcoming rule changes to the State of New Hampshire's licensing for day care providers.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

In this month's episode...

In this month's episode of Live from the Hive, the incomparable Tammy Downing from Out of the Box Tours is back in the Hive. Tammy is always a lot of fun and you will definitely want to stay tuned to hear about her latest paranormal and foodie tours around New England.

Also this month, I am super excited to have special guest Jordyn Mastacouris from On Point Consulting.

If you've ever dreamed of starting your own business, you need to put Jordyn on speed dial.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Overwhelmed by Social Media?

Has anyone else noticed that the only people who think using social media to market your business is easy are the people who don't actually have a business?

Don't get me wrong, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are great options for a budget conscious business owner, but they're not easy.

They require careful planning, a commitment to regular posts, and a willingness to engage not only with the people who follow you, but in whatever group or conversation you find your target market. And this all has to be done without sounding like you're spouting a canned sales pitch.

As if that wasn't enough, you have to block off time away from running your business for each and every social media platform you use. It's not hard if you have the time and tools, but when you're a small business owner there is never enough time.

This month's Live from the Hive guests are Stephanie Edwards from Social Wize, LLC and Graham Gifford from the NH Telephone Museum.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Overwhelmed by Social Media?

Has anyone else noticed that the only people who think using social media to market your business is easy are the people who don't actually have a business?

Don't get me wrong, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are great options for a budget conscious business owner, but they're not easy.

They require careful planning, a commitment to regular posts, and a willingness to engage not only with the people who follow you, but in whatever group or conversation you find your target market. And this all has to be done without sounding like you're spouting a canned sales pitch.

As if that wasn't enough, you have to block off time away from running your business for each and every social media platform you use. It's not hard if you have the time and tools, but when you're a small business owner there is never enough time.

This month's Live from the Hive guests are Stephanie Edwards from Social Wize, LLC and Graham Gifford from the NH Telephone Museum.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

In this month's Live from the Hive I am talking about office design and functional workspace with Justin Mikolyski from Creative Office Pavilion and how to promote your business using video with Chris Pastrana from the NH Business Show.

It doesn't matter if you are a one man office working from your apartment or if you have a hundred employees in the Millyard, every office needs the right design and equipment to keep your staff healthy and productive.

• chairs
  • lighting
  • work surfaces

Justin Mikolyski is here to share his insider tips on things to think about when you need to add more desks without moving to new office space. He's also talking about how to keep up with next generation needs in an evolving workplace, and how hiring a professional design team can make the transition to your new office space worry-free.

I'm also catching up with Chris Pastrana from the NH Business Show. He's sharing how testimonial videos can be a very affordable way to create social proof in competitive markets. We're also talking about his new Elevator Pitch coaching product and the new veteran's business networking group.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

In this month's Live from the Hive I am talking about office design and functional workspace with Justin Mikolyski from Creative Office Pavilion and how to promote your business using video with Chris Pastrana from the NH Business Show.

It doesn't matter if you are a one man office working from your apartment or if you have a hundred employees in the Millyard, every office needs the right design and equipment to keep your staff healthy and productive.

• chairs
  • lighting
  • work surfaces

Justin Mikolyski is here to share his insider tips on things to think about when you need to add more desks without moving to new office space. He's also talking about how to keep up with next generation needs in an evolving workplace, and how hiring a professional design team can make the transition to your new office space worry-free.

I'm also catching up with Chris Pastrana from the NH Business Show. He's sharing how testimonial videos can be a very affordable way to create social proof in competitive markets. We're also talking about his new Elevator Pitch coaching product and the new veteran's business networking group.

Read full post »