Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Queen City Buzz is already the go-to source for business information and resources in the Granite State, why not put your business in front of the fastest growing NH audience?

Back in the day, if you wanted to reach a local audience you looked in the Yellow Pages or took out an ad in the local paper. It was an expensive, but effective way to reach a targeted local market, but times have changed.

The internet replaced old-school print as the preferred search tool for people looking for local businesses and services, and while you can't argue that digital is a whole lot easier on the average small business owner's budget, the results aren't necessarily the better.

Unlike the local phone company or newspaper who conveniently delivered your ad right to your customer's doorstep, internet searches frequently result in companies located across the country or even the other side of the world.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Queen City Buzz is already the go-to source for business information and resources in the Granite State, why not put your business in front of the fastest growing NH audience?

Back in the day, if you wanted to reach a local audience you looked in the Yellow Pages or took out an ad in the local paper. It was an expensive, but effective way to reach a targeted local market, but times have changed.

The internet replaced old-school print as the preferred search tool for people looking for local businesses and services, and while you can't argue that digital is a whole lot easier on the average small business owner's budget, the results aren't necessarily the better.

Unlike the local phone company or newspaper who conveniently delivered your ad right to your customer's doorstep, internet searches frequently result in companies located across the country or even the other side of the world.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate

As we wrap up the first week of the new year all I can say is wow. Every day this week has been a networking adventure and it's only week 1.

I started the week with the new NH Business Partner Finders group on Monday, Coffee Buzz on Tuesday, Millyard Networking and the Spanish Conversation group on Wednesday and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

I met so many new people this week that I'm in overwhelm. My phone is ringing off the hook. People are texting, emailing, and connecting all over the place and I am bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate

As we wrap up the first week of the new year all I can say is wow. Every day this week has been a networking adventure and it's only week 1.

I started the week with the new NH Business Partner Finders group on Monday, Coffee Buzz on Tuesday, Millyard Networking and the Spanish Conversation group on Wednesday and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

I met so many new people this week that I'm in overwhelm. My phone is ringing off the hook. People are texting, emailing, and connecting all over the place and I am bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday

In case you haven't been to the Queen City Buzz website this week, there are some significant (temporary) changes to the homepage.

We all know that I don't take paid ads on the blog. My goal is to build a platform to promote local businesses, and while paid advertising doesn't necessarily conflict with that goal, I don't want people to feel like they have to pay to participate. I also don't want to spend all my time doing sales, but that is a whole other conversation...

So when John Morgan from Island Breeze Virtual Assistants challenged me to come up with a way to promote local businesses who are offering Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or Cyber Monday sales this year, I thought "why not?"

It was very short notice, but I did it.

In fact, it worked out so well I'm going to do it again in December.

From December 5th through December 25th I'm giving away ad space to local businesses. It doesn't matter whether your business is B2B, B2C, sells a service or products, if you're a local small business trying to reach the local New Hampshire market, I want to hear from you. Just email at buzz@queencity.buzz, be sure to put "Holiday" in the subject line.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

In case you haven't been to the Queen City Buzz website this week, there are some significant (temporary) changes to the homepage.

We all know that I don't take paid ads on the blog. My goal is to build a platform to promote local businesses, and while paid advertising doesn't necessarily conflict with that goal, I don't want people to feel like they have to pay to participate. I also don't want to spend all my time doing sales, but that is a whole other conversation...

So when John Morgan from Island Breeze Virtual Assistants challenged me to come up with a way to promote local businesses who are offering Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or Cyber Monday sales this year, I thought "why not?"

From December 5th through December 25th I'm giving away ad space to local businesses. It doesn't matter whether your business is B2B, B2C, sells a service or products, if you're a local small business trying to reach the local New Hampshire market, I want to hear from you. Just email at buzz@queencity.buzz, be sure to put "Holiday" in the subject line.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Save Money & Increase Sales

Back in the day, long before the internet and social media, promoting a business was easy. You advertised in the Yellow Pages, you advertised in the newspaper or you advertised on the radio.

It cost some money, but you could count on the fact that people were going to look in the phone book when they needed to find a product or service and if you had the budget to do all three, you could just about guarantee that your business would capture your target market.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Changes are coming...

Anyone who read to the end of last week's Weekly Roundup knows that I am making some changes to the Queen City Buzz website this week.

As I've said before, my goal is to connect people, information and resources to help build a stronger local business community and since Queen City Buzz has started to become the go-to source for local business, networking and tech events I thought it made perfect sense to open up the sidebar to post your events and promotions.

Starting this week, I will be posting events and promotions for Queen City Buzz contributors and friends in the right sidebar.

Read full post »