Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek - Looking Good, Feeling Confident

This week's sneak peek is all about finding the confidence that comes from knowing you're looking your best.

The first event is the Dress for Success Fashion Show Fundraiser and Donation Drive from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM on Sunday, May 28th at the Radisson Hotel, 700 Elm Street in Manchester.

Dress for Success is a non-profit that "empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life." Tickets are $15 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fashion-show-fundraiser-and-donation-drive-tickets-33646072308

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek - Networking with Food, Wine & Poutine!

It's May, which means it's almost summer and it's time to take a more relaxed approach to networking. This week's sneak peek events are all about hanging out, enjoying some good food, and meeting new people.

The first event is a Wine Tasting Party 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM on Wednesday, May 24th at XO on Elm 827 Elm Street, Manchester. This event is sponsored by Direct Wine Cellars, and according to the event listing it will be "a fun night out with great people, free appetizers, and a large variety of artisan wines." The event is free, but tickets are very limited. For more information please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wine-tasting-party-tickets-34326591760

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Is It March Yet?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm feeling like February has worn out its welcome. Don't get me wrong. I like winter. I like the cold, I like the snow, but the constant disruptions to my schedule are making it a little too challenging to stay on top of things. Let's just say that between the weather and a never ending list of crises, including the fact that I can't seem to find the time to go out to buy a new washing machine, I'm starting to become a cranky Pat. And nobody wants that.

I can't believe we've reached the point where I'm able to say this without crossing my fingers, but we've got another busy events calendar for next week. There's so much going on I'm not even going to try to choose three top picks.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Is Working from home making you a little stir crazy?

One of the perks of the computer age is that when the weather is bad a lot of people can work from home. This is great if the alternative is a long, snowy commute, but it can be challenging for people who need human interaction to stay fresh. If this past week's snow days have you climbing the walls you are in luck.

Next week's events calendar is chock full of business workshops, talks, and networking events.

My top three picks this week are more informational than networking oriented. These are one-time events from industry leaders who have been where you are today and can give you the inside track when it comes to starting or growing your business.

Rocky Romanella, author and former CEO of UniTek Global Services and President of UPS Residential and Retail Operations, will be giving two free talks on leadership at Gateway Hills, 200 Innovative Way in Nashua on Monday, February 13th. The first session is from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM and the second session is 4:00 PM - 5:00.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Is Working from home making you a little stir crazy?

One of the perks of the computer age is that when the weather is bad a lot of people can work from home. This is great if the alternative is a long, snowy commute, but it can be challenging for people who need human interaction to stay fresh. If this past week's snow days have you climbing the walls you are in luck.

Next week's events calendar is chock full of business workshops, talks, and networking events.

My top three picks this week are more informational than networking oriented. These are one-time events from industry leaders who have been where you are today and can give you the inside track when it comes to starting or growing your business.

Rocky Romanella, author and former CEO of UniTek Global Services and President of UPS Residential and Retail Operations, will be giving two free talks on leadership at Gateway Hills, 200 Innovative Way in Nashua on Monday, February 13th. The first session is from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM and the second session is 4:00 PM - 5:00.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Lots of Good Things This Month!

Happy February!

I am excited to share that Queen City Buzz's NH Business Directory is finally ready for prime time and I will be sending out the link to my volunteers for the final wave of testing next Friday, February 10th.

The code is already tested and functioning and this is the last step to ensure that the directory upload form collects all of the information directory members want to share. Any changes at this point will be minor tweaks such as adding a social media account or business category to a user profile and I anticipate a full roll out of the directory by March 1st.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

10 Minutes to Jump Start Your Networking!

This week I have a super easy little tip that will help you jump start your networking.

Put it on the calendar.

Not only will this force you to make the commitment to set aside time for networking, it will ensure you remember there was a group or event you were interested in.

Networking is one of those things that's easy to put off or forget, so why not hedge your bets by taking 10 minutes a week to look at your options and add one or two things to the calendar?

And this tip isn't just for people who hate networking.

We all get caught up in other activities, lose track of time and realize that there was an event we wanted to attend two weeks ago.

I'll even throw in a bonus tip to make keeping a networking calendar even easier.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Networking with the Networkers

I had a conversation with Kevin Willett the other day and as you would expect, the main topic was networking.

For anyone who doesn't know Kevin, he is the man behind Friends of Kevin, New England B2B Networking, and the Friends of Kevin Radio Show. He's also the author of "One Connection: How You Can Grow Your Business (and Change the World) One Connection at a Time. "

In case it isn't obvious, Kevin knows networking. He understands what makes people nervous, how to overcome obstructions, and how to meet the right people.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Anything and Everything

If you haven't seen next week's events calendar yet, you're in for a shock.

We have business, networking and tech events for just about any and every interest. How-to workshops for email, sales and marketing, business symposiums, open networking, information about franchising and entrepreneurship, public speaking and so much more.

I know I've been saying it a lot lately, but take advantage of these opportunities.

As small business people, we need to be visible and connected in the community and that starts by getting out and meeting people.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Anything and Everything

If you haven't seen next week's events calendar yet, you're in for a shock.

We have business, networking and tech events for just about any and every interest. How-to workshops for email, sales and marketing, business symposiums, open networking, information about franchising and entrepreneurship, public speaking and so much more.

I know I've been saying it a lot lately, but take advantage of these opportunities.

As small business people, we need to be visible and connected in the community and that starts by getting out and meeting people.

Read full post »