Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Networking Doesn't Have to be Business Cards and Cocktails...

This week's sneak peek is an eclectic mix designed to get you out of your networking rut and have a little fun.

Hillsborough, NH Balloon Fest & Fair 2017: This four-day event starts at 6:00 PM Thursday, July 6th with the Hillsboro-Deering Schools Hometown Night and annual carnival and includes the Osram Sylvania Night & Road Race 6:30 PM on Friday, July 7th, and Balloon Liftoff at 6:00 AM Saturday, July 8th.  The weekend wraps up with Hometown Parade Day on Sunday, July 9th.  The carnival runs all four days, balloons fly on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Be sure to check the event schedule, there are tons of activities and events with plenty of opportunities to meet people and have some fun.  Cost: Varies by activity   http://www.balloonfestival.org/schedule.html

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek: Networking Fun in the Sun

This week's sneak peek is a nod to sunny skies and beautiful weather and our need to get out of the office to enjoy it.  

In fact, it's such a popular activity that there are dozens of events for every skill, location, and budget.  In case you haven't guessed, I'm talking about golf.

When it comes to old-school networking, nothing beats an afternoon on the links.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Above & Beyond Childcare

In this month's episode of Live from the Hive, we're talking about daycare with Rebecca Collins, owner of Above and Beyond Childcare.

Whether you're self-employed or work in a cubicle, day care is a big issue for a lot of parents and Rebecca is going to give us some insider tips for finding the right daycare provider for your family as well as some news about upcoming rule changes to the State of New Hampshire's licensing for day care providers.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

We don't all live in Manchester, Concord, or Nashua...

Even though the Queen City Buzz calendar doesn't often include events outside of the Manchester Metro Area, it doesn't mean they don't exist.  This week's sneak peek is taking a look at a few upcoming events in Keene and Peterborough, as well as some resources you can access right from your home or office.  

The Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship hosts a monthly group called the Leadership Circle.  According to their event page, the Leadership Circle program "is designed to develop business leaders in the Monadnock Region, offering them a chance to share their experiences, ask for guidance, and learn new skills."  The group meets from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM on the 4th Wednesday of the month at the Hannah Grimes Center, 25 Roxbury Street, Keene.   The next meetup is Wednesday, June 28th.  For more information please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/leadership-circle-tickets-26951423433?aff=es2

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek: Local Chamber of Commerce

This week's Sneak Peek takes a look at the bastion of local small business everywhere, the Chamber of Commerce.  

One of the first things people ask when someone says they're having a hard time finding networking opportunities is, "have you tried the Chamber of Commerce?"

It doesn't matter if you live in a small town or a big city, all across America there is one constant when it comes to small business and that is the Chamber of Commerce.  With networking events before & after work, lunch & learns, and member spotlights your local chamber is a one-stop shop for all of your business networking needs.  

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek - Networking with Food, Wine & Poutine!

It's May, which means it's almost summer and it's time to take a more relaxed approach to networking. This week's sneak peek events are all about hanging out, enjoying some good food, and meeting new people.

The first event is a Wine Tasting Party 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM on Wednesday, May 24th at XO on Elm 827 Elm Street, Manchester. This event is sponsored by Direct Wine Cellars, and according to the event listing it will be "a fun night out with great people, free appetizers, and a large variety of artisan wines." The event is free, but tickets are very limited. For more information please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wine-tasting-party-tickets-34326591760

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

More Sources Mean More Events!

Thanks to reader input I've added 8 new event sources and the Queen City Buzz Events Calendar has gone from active to explosive!

As much as I love the idea of finding more opportunities to network, a busy calendar can make it easy to miss something, so I'm going to point out a couple interesting events that are coming up in the next few weeks.

Highland Forwarding will be hosting a free seminar from the US Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security on Export Compliance on Tuesday, May 23rd from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM in their office at 6A Kitty Hawk Landing, #200, Londonderry, NH.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Couple Key Events for May

Two new big business events popped up when I was updating the Queen City Buzz Events Calendar this week.

The annual Alpha Loft Startup Shindig on Tuesday, May 23rd, from 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM. The Startup Shindig is a big deal for the local business community. It's a chance to rub elbow and celebrate the thriving entrepreneurial spirit in the Granite State.

As little as three years ago, there wasn't a whole lot going on around New Hampshire. Many people and companies were struggling post-recession and there was a lot of concern about the graying of New Hampshire. But our business community did what communities do best. They put their heads together and came up with a plan to reignite the spark. The Shindig is a celebration of community and a nod to what has been accomplished. Check out the event page on Eventbrite and get it on your calendar.

The second event that needs to be on your May calendar is the John Flatley Company's Startup Pitch Night. If you are starting or building your business, this competition is worth your notice.

Prizes for the winners, who will be chosen by a panel of judges, are:

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Look who's at the top of the page on Eventbrite!

It's a new month and a new quarter and that means that Queen City Buzz has two events next week.

Our NH Business Partner Finders group has its second meeting 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM on Monday, April 3rd at Aroma Joe's, 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester.

The NH Business Partner Finder Group is a quarterly networking group created for the express purpose of connecting local entrepreneurs and freelancers with other entrepreneurs and freelancers interested in collaborating on projects and/or becoming working business partners. If you're looking for a project or a partner, why not stop by. RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nh-business-partner-finder-group-how-to-find-your-dream-team-tickets-33077941012?utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_event_email&utm_term=viewmyevent_button

Then on Tuesday, we have the monthly Coffee Buzz Networking from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM at Aroma Joe's Coffee, 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester. This is a casual, open networking group to network, share referrals & connect with other local freelancers and small business owners. For more information please visit http://queencity.buzz/articles/new-quarter-new-opportunity-succeed

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Happy Friday!

I don't even care if the forecast is rain because I have today off! In fact, I'm off tomorrow and Monday too. And since I need to clear my desk before I walk out the door, I'm going to jump into it.

This week's top picks are:

603 Networking - Bedford from 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM on Monday, February 27th at Cohen Closing & Title, LLC 203 Meetinghouse Road, Bedford.

My second pick is Kevin Willett's New England B2B Networking Group Event in Manchester, NH from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM on Thursday, March 2nd at Craig, Deachman and Amann, 1662 Elm Street, Manchester. This is a paid event. The cost is $20, but it includes lunch. New England B2B is a small meetup with around ten people and only one person per industry. If you are looking for a way to meet other professionals and find referrals in a casual professional environment, this group is worth your time.

Read full post »