Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Like it or not, no business can survive without sales and this week's calendar is filled with events to boost your sales without feeling like a used car salesman...

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Greater Londonderry Business and Professional Women's Association Annual Young Careerist Competition Wednesday, May 9th

The Greater Londonderry Business and Professional Women's group will be presenting their annual Virginia Allan Young Careerist Award at their Monthly Sucess Meeting, 6:00 PM Wednesday at The Coach Stop in Londonderry. 

The award is meant to encourage and support young women in business by "opportunities for young adults to network, practice speech presentation skills, and participate in meaningful workshops."

In addition to a $1,000 cash prize, this year's winner will receive a one-year membership to the Greater Londonderry Professional Women's group. 

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek: Why Does Your Customer Hire Your Product? Design Thinking Using Jobs-to-be-Done

Business 101 says you need to know your customer 

• Who they are
  • What they want
  • What they need

This should be a slam dunk, right?  Knowing your customer should make it easy to build products they will buy. 

So why do we struggle?

Why is there such a disconnect between the designer who wants to innovate and the client who just wants to push a button? 

Maybe someone should be asking why they need it...

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

More Events to help you celebrate National Small Business Week, April 29 - May 5!

In case you didn't hear, it's National Small Business Week and the Granite State is rising to the challenge.

There were far too many events on this week's Weekly Roundup to list them all in Friday's post, so I'm doing a follow up to share a few more of the key activities from some of the larger organized groups.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Celebrate National Small Business Week - April 29th - May 5th with events online & around the Granite State!

It just takes a quick look at this week's business & networking calendar to see there is a lot going on. 

In addition to the usual networking groups, Merrimack Valley SCORE and the Nashua, Concord, and Manchester Chambers of Commerce are hosting more than a dozen Small Business Week events. 

And if you really can't take an hour away from the office, the SBA & SCORE are hosting a three-day National Small Business Week Virtual Conference from May 1st - May 3rd. 

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

TEDxAmoskeagMillyard 2018 - Get Your Tickets NOW!

Who hasn't watched a TED Talk online and thought how cool it would be to be there for the live presentation? 

Thanks to locally organized TEDx events, you can attend live TED Talks right here in the Granite State. 

TEDxAmoskeagMillyard is hosting their 2018 event on Saturday, June 2nd from 9:00 am - 3:30 PM in the Stockbridge Theater at Pinkerton Academy in Derry, NH. 

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

The NH High Tech Council is looking for applicants for the 2018 Entrepreneur of the Year program -- Deadline Friday, May 4, 2018

Now in its 30th year, the prestigious NH High Tech Council (NHHTC) Entrepreneur of the Year Award "honors people who have made significant contributions to the advancement of technology-based businesses in New Hampshire."   

NHHTC is seeking "any founder or senior-level manager of a New Hampshire business who has successfully organized, developed, or managed a technology concept into a commercial product or service"

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Visit the Made in NH Expo - Friday, Saturday & Sunday @The Downtown Hotel (Formerly the Radisson) 700 Elm Street, Manchester!

It's April in the Granite State and you know what that means, it's time for the annual Made in NH Expo. (cue the cheers)

With the last count at 122 exhibitors, the Made in NH Expo is the state's premier event for connecting people to local businesses and it is happening today.

This event draws a huge cross-section of exhibitors and visitors representing just about every product and service in the Granite State from homemade hot sauce to local restaurants, pet products, clothing, and local craftsmen. It's a great way to get a look at what other people are doing and support local businesses.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

I just found 2 creative events for storytellers on Saturday, April 7th

Please forgive the late notice, I just found out about these events this morning.

The Derry Public Library is presenting Derry Author Fest 2018 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Saturday, April 7th at the Derry Public Library, 64 E. Broadway, Derry, NH.  

This is a fantastic opportunity for writers and anyone interested in becoming a published writer to network, and get tips and advice from local authors about dealing with critics and rejection, getting published, and marketing your book.

They've put together an amazing lineup and it should be a very useful and informative event. 

Did I mention that it's free?  

For more information, please visit the Derry Author Fest website. (Be sure to click the video, they did a really nice job with it.)

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Nice Job TriTown Chamber of Commerce!  

One of my networking buddies sent me a link to an upcoming event from the TriTown Chamber of Commerce and I was so impressed by the level of service this tiny group provides to members that I have to give them an 'atta girl.

The TriTown Chamber of Commerce actively promotes and supports businesses in Goffstown, New Boston, and Weare, NH by connecting members to resources, fostering community involvement and hosting events like Tuesday's Business After Hours, 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM at Allison Hope Photography, 81 Mont Vernon Road, New Boston. 

In addition to hosting business events, TriTown's website is easy to navigate and provides a gateway to information small business owners are looking for such as SCORE webinars, news about state bills, and articles of interest from local and national business leaders.  

Read full post »