Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Are you on LinkedIn? Do you belong to the 603 Networking Group?

If you said no to either of these questions, then shame on you.

I meet a lot of freelancers and small business owners who don't do LinkedIn because they feel like there is no benefit. Sometimes it's because their customer base is consumers instead of other businesses, other times it's because they think that their product or service doesn't lend itself to rubbing elbows with lawyers and accountants. In either case they are wrong.

LinkedIn members represent pretty much every product or service known to man. Yes, there are lawyers, accountants and mid-level managers, but there are also plumbers, landscapers and day care owners and they are on LinkedIn for two reasons:

1. to share information
  2. networking
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Are you on LinkedIn? Do you belong to the 603 Networking Group?

If you said no to either of these questions, then shame on you.

I meet a lot of freelancers and small business owners who don't do LinkedIn because they feel like there is no benefit. Sometimes it's because their customer base is consumers instead of other businesses, other times it's because they think that their product or service doesn't lend itself to rubbing elbows with lawyers and accountants. In either case they are wrong.

LinkedIn members represent pretty much every product or service known to man. Yes, there are lawyers, accountants and mid-level managers, but there are also plumbers, landscapers and day care owners and they are on LinkedIn for two reasons:

1. to share information
  2. networking
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Alpha Loft StartUp Meetup

Date: first Wednesday of the month, 12:00 PM

Read full post »
#

By John Rolfe

Square - The POS When Your Business is On the Road

The Facts:

• price: fees comparable to PayPal and other popular POS, card reader & software free
  • tools/amenities: free card reader & software, secure online storefront, send customer receipts, dashboard with sales stats
    ease of use:
    very easy -- just plug it into your phone
  • value: great!
  • overall recommendation: great option, highly recommend

The Details:

My first exposure to Square occurred when I was supporting my significant other, Cathy Clement, at the farmers market on the main street bridge in Nashua. I was sitting and watching her doing chair massage while La Belle Winery was right next to us selling wine.

Read full post »

By Pat Hammond

Gold Star - Mill City Referral Group

Date: Tuesdays 8:30 AM (check their meetup.com page for details)

Read full post »