Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek: Why Does Your Customer Hire Your Product? Design Thinking Using Jobs-to-be-Done

Business 101 says you need to know your customer 

• Who they are
  • What they want
  • What they need

This should be a slam dunk, right?  Knowing your customer should make it easy to build products they will buy. 

So why do we struggle?

Why is there such a disconnect between the designer who wants to innovate and the client who just wants to push a button? 

Maybe someone should be asking why they need it...

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

The NH High Tech Council is looking for applicants for the 2018 Entrepreneur of the Year program -- Deadline Friday, May 4, 2018

Now in its 30th year, the prestigious NH High Tech Council (NHHTC) Entrepreneur of the Year Award "honors people who have made significant contributions to the advancement of technology-based businesses in New Hampshire."   

NHHTC is seeking "any founder or senior-level manager of a New Hampshire business who has successfully organized, developed, or managed a technology concept into a commercial product or service"

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

City Arts Nashua and Nashua Arts Commission raise ~ $12,000 for Performing Arts Center Endowment Fund  at 5th Annual Meri Goyette Arts Award Luncheon

I'm going to say this as plainly as I can, businesses may bring jobs, but the arts build communities. 

Last week, City Arts Nashua held the grown-up version of a bake sale. They held an awards luncheon to raise money for the new Nashua Performing Arts Center and raised a staggering $12,000. 

As a state, New Hampshire struggles to attract and retain young workers because even though we have a low unemployment rate and enjoy a fabulous quality of life, we lack many of the amenities found in large cities. 

And when I say amenities I mean the arts. 

It doesn't matter whether you're talking about theatre, fine art, dance, music, or poetry, the arts bring balance and beauty to a hectic world. They bring people together to share the experience and build something greater than themselves and people want these experiences after a hectic day.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Do some networking & get those creative juices flowing with the New Hampshire Creative Club!

Hello NH Creatives! 

The New Hampshire Creative Club is back on the schedule with an open networking event, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM on Monday, February 26th at The Farm, 1181 Elm Street in Manchester.

According to New Hampshire Creative Club president Jim Roldan, "Members are typically graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, photographers, copywriters, art directors, educators, marketers, and some vendors and students of those disciplines. "

Read full post »